Like most website operators, Ontario Energy Rebates collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Ontario Energy Rebates purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Ontario Energy Rebates’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Ontario Energy Rebates may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Ontario Energy Rebates also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on www.ontarioenergyrebates.com blog posts. Ontario Energy Rebates only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Information Automatically Collected. As is true of most websites, we automatically log information about you and your computer.
- Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Website or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Ontario Energy Rebates’ websites choose to interact with Ontario Energy Rebates in ways that require Ontario Energy Rebates to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Ontario Energy Rebates gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. To book a call with our team, you agree to provide you name, email address and valid phone number. You agree and acknowledge that all calls with any staff members at Ontario Energy Rebates will be recorded for training and quality assurance purposes. The recorded call may also be used in reference to any related disputes.
In summary we get information about you in the following non-exhaustive ways:
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, username and password when you create an account to log in to our network.
- We also collect payment information, including your name, credit/debit card information, and billing information, in order to make payments.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post comments, reviews, testimonials or ratings on our Website (“Reviews”), the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. This information may also be shared with Facebook for posting on your Facebook wall or timeline.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We may also collect personal information, such as at other points in our Website that states that personal information is being collected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information you provide to us will be held on our servers which may be in Canada and/or the United States and/or other locations.
We may share personal information as described elsewhere in this Policy and as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws and to respond to lawful requests and legal processes- We may use the personal information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any applicable legal obligation; or in order to enforce the Terms and any other agreement we have with you. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention. We and our service providers may use or disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law or legal process. Your personal information may also be used or disclosed where necessary or desirable for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect..
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Ontario Energy Rebates may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. Ontario Energy Rebates may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Ontario Energy Rebates does not disclose your personally-identifying information.